//

Home Industry Travel and Hospitality Lufthansa extends its green ti...

Lufthansa extends its green ticket offerings to long-haul routes


Travel and Hospitality

Lufthansa extends green ticket

Lufthansa Group is rolling out its new "green fares" throughout its long-haul flights. This action comes after green fares were introduced in February throughout Europe.

With a first test phase spanning 12 carefully chosen connections to Asia and the US, the Lufthansa Group is rolling out its new "green fares" throughout its long-haul flights.

The ticket price includes the "full offsetting" of carbon emissions. This is accomplished by utilizing sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) to offset 10% of the CO2 emissions from the flight and by donating the remaining 90% to climate preservation initiatives.

The pricing type can be reserved on the websites of the individual carriers and is also offered on connecting flights on the 12 routes that have been chosen.

The firm stated that travelers purchasing tickets on the 12 routes "will automatically be shown the green fares tariff" and that the existing selection of long-haul routes "addresses different target groups."

This action comes after green fares were introduced in February throughout Europe and following a test run in the group's Scandinavian market last year. The airline group reports that over 500,000 customers have bought green fares since the initial introduction.

Christina Foerster, a member of the executive board of Lufthansa Group, stated that the long-haul green fares test will give us valuable information for expanding their range of environmentally friendly travel options. An increasing number of consumers are interested in traveling as sustainably as possible, as seen by the increased demand for their green fares.


Business News


Recommended News

Latest Magazine